RESCHEDULED: PUBLIC HEARING
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2021 AT 6:00 PM
Meeting to be held electronically under Ministerial Order No. M192
Zoning Text Amendment Bylaw No. 8250, 2021 for 1135 Tanaka Court (REZ00206)
WHAT IS THIS BYLAW ABOUT?
An application for a site specific zoning text amendment to the Light Industrial Districts (M-1) has been received to allow a cannabis infused product manufacturing facility at 1135 Tanaka Court. The proposed operation would perform contract manufacturing of private label cannabis products on site to be sold in Canada. This includes the infusion of existing food and beverage products with cannabis ingredients, manufacturing and packaging. Zoning regulations would require that there would be no cultivation or direct retail sale of cannabis onsite, all activities would be required indoors and the operation would require a Federal license from Health Canada.
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
From February 04 to 22, 2021, read the bylaw and related material at Legislative Services, City Hall 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, at Legislative Services, City Hall (except for February 15, 2021), and online at www.newwestcity.ca/publicnotices.
HOW CAN I BE HEARD?
• Written submissions by email, post, or dropping off at the mailbox on the north side of City Hall are welcome and encouraged.
• Call for an appointment to record a short video to share with Council and on the City’s website.
• Speak at the meeting by computer, smart device or phone via Zoom:
1. Computer: Go to www.zoom.us, click on "Join a meeting". Enter Meeting ID when prompted, and click "Join".
2. Smartphone/tablet: Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app, open it, select "Join a meeting". Enter meeting ID, and select "Join".
3. Phone: Call 778-907-2071. Enter meeting ID followed by #.
MEETING ID: 655 9404 5919
Contact Legislative Services to register to speak, or with questions about the process:
Legislative Services Department,
511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9
Comments received by 5:00 pm, three business days before the meeting will be included in the agenda package. Later comments received until the end of the hearing will be distributed on table at the meeting. All comments are published.
Jacque Killawee, City Clerk