MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2021 AT 6:00 PM
Meeting to be held electronically under Ministerial Order No. M192
Zoning Amendment Bylaw (Secondary Suite Requirements) No. 8154, 2021
WHAT IS THIS BYLAW ABOUT?
Zoning Amendment Bylaw No 8154, 2021 would implement revisions to the City’s Secondary Suite Program which would simplify regulations, improve application review times, streamline the process for applicants, and reduce staff resources needed to review applications. It would amend the Zoning Bylaw by: 1) deleting unnecessary secondary suite requirements and replacing them with a simplified set of life safety and livability requirements; 2) removing items already regulated through the British Columbia Building Code (BCBC); and 3) removing Appendix G - Design Standards and Guidelines for Secondary Suites.
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
From February 04 to 22, 2021, read the bylaw and related material at Legislative Services, City Hall 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, at Legislative Services, City Hall (except for February 15, 2021), and online at www.newwestcity.ca/publicnotices.
HOW CAN I BE HEARD?
• Written submissions by email, post, or dropping off at the mailbox on the north side of City Hall are welcome and encouraged.
• Call for an appointment to record a short video to share with Council and on the City’s website.
• Speak at the meeting by computer, smart device or phone via Zoom:
1. Computer: Go to www.zoom.us, click on "Join a meeting". Enter Meeting ID when prompted, and click "Join".
2. Smartphone/tablet: Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app, open it, select "Join a meeting". Enter meeting ID, and select "Join".
3. Phone: Call 778-907-2071. Enter meeting ID followed by #.
MEETING ID: 655 9404 5919
Contact Legislative Services to register to speak, or with questions about the process:
Legislative Services Department,
511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9
Comments received by 5:00 pm, three business days before the meeting will be included in the agenda package. Later comments received until the end of the hearing will be distributed on table at the meeting. All comments are published.
Jacque Killawee, City Clerk