Fire Ban in Effect
By order of the Fire Chief, effective immediately a smoking ban has been initiated in all New Westminster parks, natural lands and Glenbrook Ravine.
Due to the extremely hot and dry conditions in New Westminster, the following precautions are to be adhered to in any parks, trails and natural lands and are effective immediately:
- No smoking or vaping
- No propane barbecues, grills or cooking devices
- No charcoal or wood burning barbecues
- No open fires or flames
- No candles or tiki torches
- No chafing fuels
- New Westminster Fire and Rescue Services are advising residents to take precautions against accidental fires and be alert to signs of fire:
- Fires are not permitted at any time in any city park
- Report any signs of smoke or fire by calling 9-1-1 immediately
Watch for additional fire safety information on the City of New Westminster website.
For further information, please contact New Westminster Fire and Rescue Services non-emergency line at 604-519-1000 or the Fire Prevention Branch at 604-519-1004.
Fire Protection Bylaw 6940, 2004
Smoking Control Bylaw 7583, 2014