Trees are currently being planted on select City boulevards by a contractor in the Queensborough, Brow of the Hill and Sapperton neighbourhoods and will continue through January 2021. These plantings are connected to recent property development and are just one part of our overall tree planting strategy for the City. The introduction of 500 new trees to public and private lands each year will help us achieve our canopy cover target of 27 percent by 2035.
- Signs will be posted at locations where trees are to be planted.
- Our contractor, Bartlett Tree Experts, is installing the carefully selected species.
- Help us out! Be on the lookout for temporary No Parking signage.
- New trees need some time to get settled in their new home. Please don’t disturb the newly planted tree.
- Did you know that you can adopt a boulevard tree near you and commit to watering it and helping it thrive? Sign up now!