RESCHEDULED: PUBLIC HEARING
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2021 AT 6:00 PM
Meeting to be held electronically under Ministerial Order No. M192
Heritage Revitalization Agreement Bylaw No. 8235, 2020 (HER00752)
Heritage Designation Bylaw No. 8236, 2020 for 404 Second Street (HER00754)
WHAT ARE THESE BYLAWS ABOUT?
An application has been submitted for a Heritage Revitalization Agreement to regularize and expand the existing non-conforming commercial use of the building with a new basement, side and rear addition. Zoning Bylaw relaxations would be required to increase density and site coverage; reduce front, rear (existing) and side yard (right side existing) setbacks; reduce parking (maintaining existing configuration); and allow commercial uses limited to business/professional offices, cafés/restaurants (excluding drive-in/through), personal services (excluding dry cleaning, electrical appliance repair, launderettes), and retail (excluding convenience stores open past 10pm/before 7am). The current residential unit would continue to be permitted. Sign Bylaw relaxations would include allowing commercial signage and re-creation of the historic roof sign. In exchange, the building would be restored and legally protected.
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
From February 04 to 22, 2021, read the bylaw and related material at Legislative Services, City Hall 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, at Legislative Services, City Hall (except for February 15, 2021), and online at www.newwestcity.ca/publicnotices.
HOW CAN I BE HEARD?
• Written submissions by email, post, or dropping off at the mailbox on the north side of City Hall are welcome and encouraged.
• Call for an appointment to record a short video to share with Council and on the City’s website.
• Speak at the meeting by computer, smart device or phone via Zoom:
1. Computer: Go to www.zoom.us, click on "Join a meeting". Enter Meeting ID when prompted, and click "Join".
2. Smartphone/tablet: Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app, open it, select "Join a meeting". Enter meeting ID, and select "Join".
3. Phone: Call 778-907-2071. Enter meeting ID followed by #:
Meeting ID 655 9404 5919
Contact Legislative Services to register to speak, or with questions about the process:
Legislative Services Department,
511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9
Comments received by 5:00 pm, three business days before the meeting will be included in the agenda package. Later comments received until the end of the hearing will be distributed on table at the meeting. All comments are published.
Jacque Killawee, City Clerk