New Westminster ID Replacement Clinic
Through our At-Risk and Vulnerable Populations Task Force, the City is working with the Purpose Society to establish the New Westminster ID Replacement Clinic. Members of the Task Force and the community have identified the importance of personal identification services for vulnerable populations, including those that are precariously housed and unsheltered. Access to recognized forms of identification enables at-risk and vulnerable populations to access financial assistance and government benefits, including in response to the COVID 19 pandemic.
The Purpose ID Replacement Clinic services will:
- Assist at-risk and vulnerable populations to obtain recognized identification such as: Birth Certificates, Driver’s License, Personal Health Card, Social Insurance Number which may have been lost or stolen;
- Provide safe storage for identification documents; and,
- Provide and address so that people can receive mail.
An ID Support Worker is available from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at Purpose Society’s 40 Begbie Street office.
For more information, call Purpose Society at 604-526-2522 or email email@example.com.
Access to the ID Clinic outside of business hours is also available through the Purpose Society:
- Outreach workers, 7 days a week 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm at 604-368-2710
- The Health Van, 7 days a week, 6:00 pm to 1:00 pm at 604-351-1885
Due to high interest in ID replacement we encourage when possible to call and book an appointment.