NOTICE OF INTENTION TO AMEND THE COUNCIL PROCEDURE BYLAW NO. 6910, 2004
The Council of the City of New Westminster intends to amend the Council Procedure Bylaw No. 6910, 2004.
Council will consider changes to:
- Allow for fully electronic meetings
- Add definitions;
- Add provisions for electronic and hybrid meetings of Council, committees, and commissions;
- Revise the order of the agenda, modernize language, and link to other city policies as approved by Council in the Spring of 2021;
- Correct the language with regard to revising a bylaw when it is at third reading;
- Attach guidelines for respectful language for speakers and written comments; and
- Miscellaneous changes.
Copies of the bylaw amendment and a red-line version of the bylaw are available on the Public Notices page of City’s website beginning Tuesday, October 5, 2021.
Council will consider adoption of the changes to the bylaw at the City Council meeting on October 18.
Comments regarding this matter can be forwarded in writing to Legislative Services, by mail, fax (604-527-4594) or email (email@example.com).
Corporation of the City of New Westminster
511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9
Attention: City Clerk