MONDAY, MAY 31, 2021 AT 6:00 PM
Meeting to be held electronically under Ministerial Order No. M192/2020
OFFICIAL COMMUNITY PLAN AMENDMENT BYLAW NO. 8261, 2021 and
ZONING AMENDMENT BYLAW NO. 8260, 2021 for 823-841 SIXTH STREET
WHAT ARE THESE BYLAWS ABOUT?
Applications for an Official Community Plan (OCP) amendment and Rezoning have been submitted on behalf of the Aboriginal Land Trust Society (ALT) for 823 – 841 Sixth Street. The proposal is a six-storey affordable rental apartment building with a mix of one, two and three-bedroom units for a total of 96 units and a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.3. Vehicle and long term bike parking for the site would be located on one level of underground parking.
The OCP amendment would change the land use designation from (RT) Residential – Infill Townhouse to (RM) Residential – Multiple Unit Dwelling to allow the proposed land use. The rezoning would change the zoning from Single Detached Residential Districts (RS-2) to Comprehensive Development District (823-841 Sixth Street) (CD-75), which would include a 50% reduction in required parking.
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
From May 13 to May 31, 2021, read the bylaw and related material at Legislative Services, City Hall 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (except May 24) and online at: www.newwestcity.ca/publicnotices
HOW CAN I BE HEARD?
Share your thoughts in the following ways:
- Written submissions by email, post, or dropping off at the mailbox on the north side of City Hall are welcome and encouraged.
- Call for an appointment to record a short video to share with Council and on the City’s website.
- Speak at the meeting by computer, smart device or phone via Zoom:
1. Computer, Smartphone or Tablet: go to www.newwestcity.ca/council#JoinAMeeting, and click or tap the Meeting ID button
2. Phone: Call 778-907-2071. Enter meeting ID 655 9404 5919, followed by #.
Starting at 8:30 am on May 13, 2021, register online at speakers.newwestcity.ca, or contact Legislative Services to comment, register to speak, or make an appointment:
Legislative Services Department,
511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9
Written comments received by 5pm, three business days before the meeting will be included in the agenda package. Later comments received until the close of the hearing will be distributed on table at the meeting. All comments are published.
Jacque Killawee, City Clerk