Road Closure and Dedication Removal Bylaw No. 8347, 2022 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 8351, 2022 for Surplus Road in the Queensborough Eastern Neighbourhood Node
The Corporation of the City of New Westminster gives notice as follows:
(1) City Council intends to adopt Road Closure and Dedication Removal (Queensborough Eastern Neighbourhood Node) Bylaw No. 8347, 2022 to close the following highway areas to traffic, and to remove the dedication of those areas as highway:
- (a) The 86.8 m2 portion of road running north from Blackley Street to Duncan Street identified as Area 1 on the drawing below (“Closed Road Area 1”).
- (b) The 404.9 m2 and 522.9 m2 portions of Blackley Street identified as Area 2 on the drawing below (“Closed Road Area 2”).
(2) City Council intends to sell fee simple title to Closed Road Areas 1 and 2 to QBT Properties Limited Partnership, as beneficial owner, and 1180532 BC Ltd. and 1117935 BC Ltd., as bare trustees and agents for QBT Properties Limited Partnership, in exchange for payment to the City of $1,090,000.00.
(3) Public Hearing: A public hearing will be held in order to allow the public to make representations to City council on the following proposed bylaws:
- (a) Road Closure and Dedication Removal (Queensborough Eastern Neighbourhood Node) Bylaw No. 8347, 2022, the purpose of which is described above.
- (b) Zoning Amendment Bylaw (Blackley Street) No. 8351, 2022. This bylaw would zone Closed Road Area 1 as Comprehensive Development Districts (Mercer High Street) (CD-64) and Closed Road Area 2 as Comprehensive Development Districts (Neighbourhood Oriented Commercial and Residential Mixed Use) (CD-65). The road closure areas are not currently zoned and following the adoption of Bylaw No. 8351, 2022 and sale to QBT Properties Limited Partnership, the road closure areas would be consolidated with adjacent properties, which have the same zoning and would enable development of ground level commercial uses, with residential above in some locations.
THE PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD AS FOLLOWS:
Monday, June 27, 2022 at 6:00 PM
Meeting held electronically and open to public attendance in Council Chamber, City Hall
HOW CAN I BE HEARD? Share your thoughts in the following ways:
- Written submissions by email, post, or dropping off at the mailbox on the north side of City Hall are welcome and encouraged
- Speak at the meeting by computer, smart device or phone via Zoom:
- Computer, Smartphone or Tablet: go to www.newwestcity.ca/council#JoinAMeeting, and click or tap the Meeting ID button
- Phone: Call 778-907-2071. Enter meeting ID 655 9404 5919, followed by #
- Speak in person at the meeting. A mask is recommended.
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
From June 16 to June 27, 2022, copies of the proposed bylaws and related material are available for inspection at Legislative Services, City Hall 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, and online at: www.newwestcity.ca/publicnotices
Starting at 8:30 am on June 16, 2022 register online at speakers.newwestcity.ca, or contact Legislative Services to register to speak:
- Legislative Services Department,
511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9
Written comments received by 5:00 pm, three business days before the meeting will be included in the agenda package. Later comments received until the close of the hearing will be distributed on table at the meeting. All comments are published.